he Kalbarri DHS Science Program is based on the following 7 principles;
- Science is “hands-on” and “minds-on.”
- Students’ are encouraged and taught to ask questions about nature and the world in which we live.
- Students’ learn how to find out and to become active learners.
- Students’ learn to think for themselves and recognize false claims.
- Students’ work in groups.
- Students’ study science every day.
- Teachers expect all students to succeed and set high goals for themselves.
Within the KDHS Science Program the students will be given the opportunity to:
- Experience working collaboratively to plan and carry out simple experimental investigations.
- Experience identifying several variables & knowing which have to remain the same and which have to be changed to make a fair test.
- Be able to carry out observations, use simple equipment and be aware of the safe handling of chemicals and other materials.
- Experience making & recording observations in different ways, looking for patterns & making conclusions based on data collected.
- Experience applying their science understandings to everyday life.