he Arts are broadly studied through the 4 outcomes of:
- Arts Ideas – Students generate art works that communicate ideas
- Arts Skills and Processes – Students use the skills, techniques, processes, conventions and technologies of The Arts.
- Arts Responses – Students use their aesthetic understanding to respond to, reflect on and evaluate The Arts
- Arts in Society – Students understand the role of The Arts in Society.
Year 7 and 8 Visual Art
Students in Years 7 and 8 attend 2 periods of Visual Art per week.
This course is compulsory and teaches essential skills in The Arts such as:
- skills in drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture and printmaking
- using creative thinking to develop ideas
- responding to a variety of artists and artworks.
Year 9 and 10 Art Electives
In year 9 and 10 students are given the opportunity to choose electives in the following art subjects:
- Painting and Drawing
These courses allow students to develop skills and ideas in specialised areas. Each elective lasts for 1 semester.
Year 11 and 12 Visual Arts
Students can study TEE Visual art through SIDE (Secondary Isolated Distance Education).